Ragging rule suggestions

I have noticed a lot of you seem to be unhappy with the state of the rule. I am offering you players to have the ability to change the rule to a more suitable style. 

Please list your suggestions. If you like someone's suggestion please like it instead of quoting them.

Please keep in mind certain areas like edge where most of our new players venture to, and meth where most people go to high risk.

Any unnecessary posts will be dealt with accordingly, this is your only warning. 

• Zoradz unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Problem with this is older generation pkers and players vs the newew generation.

Older RoatPkz players believe that Hybridding is the most honourable and skilful way to end a disagreement or prove who's better. 

Newer generation believe AFK ranging with a divine and 17 Sara brews requires more skill and is what easts should consist of.

Right now I think the rule is perfect, Hybrids can still go easts like they always used to if they prefer it to Brid, and not be terrorised by the 14 year old Raggers usually called Ahmed irl. 

And people who like the ragging style can rag eachother for 20 hours a day and continue to prove and achieve nothing.

Right now the 40 people that smokey gang and all those other fucking clown fiesta groups of imbeciles that don't like that they can't rag meridian anytime they're online complain because we can either hybrid and not be part of their cancer or take part in it and win, hence why they want oldbrid removed and ragging legal so our only option as hybrids is to go eats and be met with an ACB and an inv of Sara brews 

+1000000

Ragging should only be banned at edge and meth, people will argue that brids can't them go to easts... When do any brids ever go easts? If they do they are newer players that don't know about ::oldbrid.

When ragging was allowed at easts the teleport was always busy, always had people there. Now you go the and 9 times out of 10 there are 0 people. 

i dont understand why there is so much confusion over the rule, ever since the rule was introduced the game has been dying, people will deny it but that's the truth, with active players getting banned for ragging or just quitting before eventually getting banned. The game was so much more fun and busy without the rule, it was a big mistake and I'm still unsure of why it's being implemented. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Problem with this is older generation pkers and players vs the newew generation.

Older RoatPkz players believe that Hybridding is the most honourable and skilful way to end a disagreement or prove who's better. 

Newer generation believe AFK ranging with a divine and 17 Sara brews requires more skill and is what easts should consist of.

Right now I think the rule is perfect, Hybrids can still go easts like they always used to if they prefer it to Brid, and not be terrorised by the 14 year old Raggers usually called Ahmed irl. 

And people who like the ragging style can rag eachother for 20 hours a day and continue to prove and achieve nothing.

Right now the 40 people that smokey gang and all those other fucking clown fiesta groups of imbeciles that don't like that they can't rag meridian anytime they're online complain because we can either hybrid and not be part of their cancer or take part in it and win, hence why they want oldbrid removed and ragging legal so our only option as hybrids is to go easts and be met with an ACB and an inv of Sara brews 

Excuse the cussing but I'm tired of this not being understood and constantly up for debate 

Greatest Thing Posted So Far.

3 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

Ragging should only be banned at edge and meth, people will argue that brids can't them go to easts... When do any brids ever go easts? If they do they are newer players that don't know about ::oldbrid.

When ragging was allowed at easts the teleport was always busy, always had people there. Now you go the and 9 times out of 10 there are 0 people. 

i dont understand why there is so much confusion over the rule, ever since the rule was introduced the game has been dying, people will deny it but that's the truth, with active players getting banned for ragging or just quitting before eventually getting banned. The game was so much more fun and busy without the rule, it was a big mistake and I'm still unsure of why it's being implemented. 

Server is dying because someone new starts the server spawns a mystic set goes to ::brid or even edge looking for a hybrid fight and comes face to face with lavish retards in absolute max + unobtainable (for non donars) items.  They instantly are attacked for a few kill for their precious kill streak.  The veteran player camps 100+ hp while the newer player gets hit constant 30+s because of the gear disadvantage, this happens a few times and the new player eventually quits.  I've actually seen it happen at least 10 times in the past 2 weeks.  That along with the fact that veterans are quitting because it's really no fun to play a semi-spawn semi-eco server and are moving to full ecos like pvp-oss or even osrs.

• Upvote 4
Just now, zxcv4321 said:

Server is dying because someone new starts the server spawns a mystic set goes to ::brid or even edge looking for a hybrid fight and comes face to face with lavish retards in absolute max + unobtainable (for non donars) items.  They instantly are attacked for a few kill for their precious kill streak.  The veteran player camps 100+ hp while the newer player gets hit constant 30+s because of the gear disadvantage, this happens a few times and the new player eventually quits.  I've actually seen it happen at least 10 times in the past 2 weeks.  That along with the fact that veterans are quitting because it's really no fun to play a semi-spawn semi-eco server and are moving to full ecos like pvp-oss or even osrs.

That has nothing to do with ragging, the main reason people quit is because f the lack of activity.

which is caused by rules stopping people playing how they want to.

19 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

That has nothing to do with ragging, the main reason people quit is because f the lack of activity.

which is caused by rules stopping people playing how they want to.

There is a very small minority of people who quit because ragging isn't allowed.  If anything more people quit because they are being ragged.  And no, it has nothing to do with ragging but you brought up the server is dying because ragging wasn't allowed and I corrected you and told you why it was actually dying, two reasons why actually.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, zxcv4321 said:

There is a very small minority of people who quit because ragging isn't allowed.  If anything more people quit because they are being ragged.  And no, it has nothing to do with ragging but you brought up the server is dying because ragging wasn't allowed and I corrected you and told you why it was actually dying, two reasons why actually.

The server slowly started dying ever since the rule was made, you cannot deny that.

if ragging was the reason people quit then why was there so many players before the rule was introduced and now theres like 70 players at peak times?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Xbrzh said:

The server slowly started dying ever since the rule was made, you cannot deny that.

if ragging was the reason people quit then why was there so many players before the rule was introduced and now theres like 70 players at peak times?

Because oss-pvp and rune were released which have a stable eco and 3-4 active clans.

2 minutes ago, zxcv4321 said:

Because oss-pvp and rune were released which have a stable eco and 3-4 active clans.

theres was active clans back in the varrock/ragging days....

the only reason ragging was made bannable was because retards whowere getting ragged for being retards didn't like it, I said it at the time and it is still true.

One of the reasons the server is so toxic is because you cant do anything about it someone being a spastic, ragging used to just be competitive main nhing now its become nsing on alts because theres no other option.

You can deny it all you want but making ragging bannable was a bad move and is what killed this server.

4 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

theres was active clans back in the varrock/ragging days....

the only reason ragging was made bannable was because retards whowere getting ragged for being retards didn't like it, I said it at the time and it is still true.

One of the reasons the server is so toxic is because you cant do anything about it someone being a spastic, ragging used to just be competitive main nhing now its become nsing on alts because theres no other option.

You can deny it all you want but making ragging bannable was a bad move and is what killed this server.

Lol keep believing what you want, the server had its peak and then it slumped back down to normal activity.  It is in no way dying, people say servers are dying every day on every rsps server.  Not everyone likes to stay on one server all summer, people hop servers, clans hop servers.  I was still in school when the clans were active so maybe I'm missing something but I am 100% sure removing ragging from certain spots is not what 'killed' the server. I doubt the clans that were active on roatz were even real clans it was probably just a bunch of people who got together in a CC and ran around easts.

What do you mean you can't do anything about someone being a spastic?  If they're being a spastic (not even sure what you mean by spastic) then just fucking kill them.  If they're at easts TB them and kill them, why do you have to resort to ragging as soon as you disagree with someone?  That's just poor character form imo not a server flaw.

3 minutes ago, zxcv4321 said:

Lol keep believing what you want, the server had its peak and then it slumped back down to normal activity.  It is in no way dying, people say servers are dying every day on every rsps server.  Not everyone likes to stay on one server all summer, people hop servers, clans hop servers.  I was still in school when the clans were active so maybe I'm missing something but I am 100% sure removing ragging from certain spots is not what 'killed' the server. I doubt the clans that were active on roatz were even real clans it was probably just a bunch of people who got together in a CC and ran around easts.

What do you mean you can't do anything about someone being a spastic?  If they're being a spastic (not even sure what you mean by spastic) then just fucking kill them.  If they're at easts TB them and kill them, why do you have to resort to ragging as soon as you disagree with someone?  That's just poor character form imo not a server flaw.

that is the point, you cannot do that. If you attack someone at easts all they have to do is say "off" and if you don't off and a staff member sees you are jailed instantly.

the fact there is any rules in normal wild (I can understand some rules at edge) is stupid asf imo.

the way roatpkz is run is stupid asf imo too, for example gmaul is banned at ::oldbrid because people will rush or because it is too op, if its so op fix it, nerf it instead of just banning it from the area. People just have to deal with getting rushed like you would anywhere else.

Edited by Xbrzh

Add ::camras to ::screenshots. Make sure you're able to review the footage of each player pking. If some1 claims they're ragged u can check. Boom cya ragger

Also players who use alts to rag should have their main acc banned 2 days. 2nd time it happens 1 week ban. And so on and so on. (or mine like 1K ores then ban right after they're done mining that's coo 2) :smiley:

^^^Also Just give ALL (not just stijn) admins access to linked account/Mac/ip ect. they could get rid of alt raggers main accounts. 

Edited by Ungrateful
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Xbrzh said:

Very few players actually complained about the ragging rule that was not in your group of friends. Ragging is more likely to make players quit then anything else on RoatPKZ and if you dont think that then you are dumb. The reason the server slowly started dying at the point is because people were getting sick of non combat updates and also additions of other private servers like oss made a lot of people quit. I know far more players that have told me that their reason for quitting is due to the fact they have been ragged at easts or edgeville and also they got cleaned at the duel arena than because they couldnt rag people at easts. I must admit though even though we have implemented the ragging rule it is not enforced properly and can easily be abused so a more structured rule would help out a lot. Staff try their best to ban people who are ragging but its so easy to avoid every form of ban on RoatPKZ that staff cant simply handle the amount of alts being created to rag. If certain updates were to happen to RoatPKZ and we improved the ragging rule i'm sure a lot of players would actually come back to the game.

• Upvote 1

until my recent inactivity ingame i played roatz 8-10 hours a day on my ahmash acc some of which i spent semi afk nsing ppl who used alts to ragg innocent players at edgeville, ofc i do it to help the server but also i enjoy it too and i played on alts or osrs same time

this was all before the 10min vid proof needed to ban sum1 at edge which doesnt fix it tbh, all that does is cause more trouble cos u can ragg sum1 till they get annoyed and fight back then on vid turn it around to make it looks like ur the 1 getting ragged and staff wont hav a clue

simple solution is make a new zone call ::ragg wer ther is no restrictions or rules watsoever, all items inc donator aloud and flaming is aloud ther too same goes for ddosing and anything else

imo the whole point of ragging is to stop the other guy from pking/enjoying the game so the best ragging method is ddosing i did it a bit in 2014 but only to ppl who deserved it

Edited by Ahmash
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Xbrzh said:

Yeah because it was just great when you started (jan 2015 or soemthing) and there was people multi logged with 5-6 accounts dd'd on each other ragging, that's so great! Let's allow ragging and go back to that!

4 hours ago, Sinister said:

Fools like Arun saying the servers dying because we stopped him and his brown mates from ragging, why would anyone except who the rule affects (a few niggers) quit? Please tell me how the ragging rule effects the average edge pker (majority of roat playerbase by far) It literally makes no sense so yes, people with an IQ will deny it and continue to do so, this game has dropped to numbers before 30 plenty of times before you even heard of the game Runescape, it happens, people follow hype. Roat has and never will have any hype unless something dramatic changes and the developers advertise that hype.

Roat isn't dying in a sense that the server won't have any players in the near future, it's just a general problem with RSPS and the actual game that people are growing up and people who are 12-14 (age of whatever we found and enjoyed runescape) are no longer doing these things and getting into it. 

You say the ragging rule killed the server makes no sense to me, in your own words easts used to be packed, how would the ragging rule effect that? Surely if there was that many people that enjoyed the same combat style then they would not report eachother and none of them would be banned? I took a look through the reports section up until the forum was basically created and I never seen many reports against ragging. So where have all these people gone? Probably just grew up and quit like most of us should, but that's not a time for this.

Point is the ragging rule hasn't effected the playerbase at all and if you wanna quote me and say it has provide any evidence you can find of it being true.

Unless someone can I won't reply again because it's already turned into a tear fest for the 'oppressed Raggers' xD 

The reason it made a difference was because the "niggers" we're the ones that started all the Varrock wars which was the busiest place and most fun imo and kept easts alive, which was busier than edge is now.

you were one of the "niggers" even if you don't want to admit it.

the average Roat player base was edge pkers but they were casual players, the "niggers" were the active members and were stopped from playing how they wanted to.

The only reason it was made bannable was because the group of bridders got bored of it but then ended up getting oldbrid anyway, after oldbrid was introduced ragging should of been added back to easts. 

Give me a reason why ragging shouldn't be added back to easts, it effects only he people who go there 

3 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

Yeah because it was just great when you started (jan 2015 or soemthing) and there was people multi logged with 5-6 accounts dd'd on each other ragging, that's so great! Let's allow ragging and go back to that!

that's all you and your friends have been doing the past couple months....(minus the multi logging) can someone please stop this retard I swear its like you say the dumbest shit on purpose

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

people multi logged with 5-6 accounts dd'd on each other ragging

This is so true, and these rejects were attacking hybrids and looters.

I don't think ragging should be allowed at Easts, Wests, Meth or Oldbrid. I don't know about Edge, it's only like 1-3 levels to safezone.

14 hours ago, Xbrzh said:

ragging used to just be competitive main nhing now its become nsing on alts because theres no other option.

This is such a lie. I was been teleblocked and killed when I was trying to loot my Fire cape. This was back when there was no ragging rule and bo3 was legal.

It was never "Competetive main nhing" it was all about ruining the fun for other players. I NEVER witnessed a fight without one of the opponents having ATLEAST 2 people DD'ing under him.

3 hours ago, FUCKING KING said:

This is so true, and these rejects were attacking hybrids and looters.

I don't think ragging should be allowed at Easts, Wests, Meth or Oldbrid. I don't know about Edge, it's only like 1-3 levels to safezone.

This is such a lie. I was been teleblocked and killed when I was trying to loot my Fire cape. This was back when there was no ragging rule and bo3 was legal.

It was never "Competetive main nhing" it was all about ruining the fun for other players. I NEVER witnessed a fight without one of the opponents having ATLEAST 2 people DD'ing under him.

That is your own fault for being disliked by people, if you are going to be a faggot you deserve it.

whenever I'm at easts I wouldn't attack someone looting unless I didn't like them, ragging not being allowed is half the reason for why the server is so toxic. 

9 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

That is your own fault for being disliked by people, if you are going to be a faggot you deserve it.

whenever I'm at easts I wouldn't attack someone looting unless I didn't like them, ragging not being allowed is half the reason for why the server is so toxic. 

no ragger can compete in hybrid or pure nh you suck so much dick at pk'ing arun you really do ur trash you need rag so you can use your 9 million different tank shields and 48 brews and tele whenever ur out

ragging wont be allowed anyway fuck ur suggestions. u, sophia, jj, why gg, hickory do and smokey are the only rejects who support ragging

7 minutes ago, FUCKING KING said:

no ragger can compete in hybrid or pure nh you suck so much dick at pk'ing arun you really do ur trash you need rag so you can use your 9 million different tank shields and 48 brews and tele whenever ur out

ragging wont be allowed anyway fuck ur suggestions. u, sophia, jj, why gg, hickory do and smokey are the only rejects who support ragging

Acting like I don't slap everyone in brid too Lool :P anyway cba Togo off topic if you disagree that's cool. 

My view is that ragging is a way of pking that should be allowed at easts since atm it is unused, anyone who does not wish to participate in ragging can carry on not going there.

2 hours ago, Xbrzh said:

Acting like I don't slap everyone in brid too Lool :P anyway cba Togo off topic if you disagree that's cool. 

My view is that ragging is a way of pking that should be allowed at easts since atm it is unused, anyone who does not wish to participate in ragging can carry on not going there.

ok ive come up with a genius idea to keep both brids and raggers happy

earlier i said make a new zone for ragging but instead it shud jus be allowd at easts only

this wont affect brids cos they hav no business goin to easts since they hav ::brid and ::wests, also disable range and overheads restrictions at wests so ppl can tribrid if they want to this wont cause a problem cos tribridders wont attack hybridders since its bannable, obv pvp items, pkers cape and donator items wud not be allowed and also disable teleblock there

@Gretar possible idea for the next poll, Should ragging be allowed at ::easts and nowhere else? also it wud need 60% yes votes to pass

2 hours ago, Ahmash said:

ok ive come up with a genius idea to keep both brids and raggers happy

earlier i said make a new zone for ragging but instead it shud jus be allowd at easts only

this wont affect brids cos they hav no business goin to easts since they hav ::brid and ::wests, also disable range and overheads restrictions at wests so ppl can tribrid if they want to this wont cause a problem cos tribridders wont attack hybridders since its bannable, obv pvp items, pkers cape and donator items wud not be allowed and also disable teleblock there

@Gretar possible idea for the next poll, Should ragging be allowed at ::easts and nowhere else? also it wud need 60% yes votes to pass

exactly what I have been saying, its so simple and makes no sense for anyone to be against that, easts is a useless tele now that ragging is bannable

8 hours ago, Xbrzh said:

Yeah man! If you're a "faggot" aka a few random people who find it more fun making ppl log than pking dislike you, you should be stopped from pking! Great ideas 

what do you mean by ragging? Sitting in a crossbow with 20 brews or what the rookies call it these days "main nhing" I wouldn't mind ragging being not bannable once ss get took out of donator shops no1 on roatpkz is a serious 'nser' anyway lmfao  even some think they are (that kid that dresses up in a guardoutfit and just ags gmauls u)

3 hours ago, J J said:

The only way the ragging rule would be implemented is if you had more staff etc. people like kasheem expect me not to rag so will wait till team then to. What's the point if I can't fight 1v1.

also not all the staff are on same level of what ragging is - main tribridding someone constantly is also ragging. Easiest way to get rid of ragging would be by more staff or make yoobs admin for our time zone. So he can ip ban again.

I didn't feel the ragging rule was a necessity.

as for server dying point - idk seems like it is dying - it'll take a lot to revive ROAT. 

9056f3acccb7dd69fde777d1b4950008.png

am dead