Jump to content

Skilling is stupid


Parks06

Recommended Posts

-There's no benefit to maxing out

-You make no money whilst skilling

-In order for it to not be a next level grind you have to spend money on 2x scrolls

So what is the purpose of skilling? I enjoy skilling but I do not enjoy the idea of 150 xp per stall at 32 thieving

1200 per stall at 85 thieving? Or even if it's "10%" 1320, additional however much maybe it gets to 1500?

1500 xp per stall at 85 thieving? That's an unbelievable joke. Literally will take you a month to get to 99 

Can we start to be realistic about skilling?

edit: Gee, thanks! 29 pkp for clicking on a stall 100 times. Very rewarding

thieving.png

Edited by Parks06
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Visigoth said:

Skilling is terrible on this server. There'not even enough adamant bars for one person to get 99 in the TP not to mention NO steel-mith bars at all. If you can afford the bars in the TP (millions) good luck with 90+ smithing!

You can make the bars yourself, you don't have to have everything on easy mode buddy. I know it's a private server, but instead of crying look for the solution and make the bars yourself. Skilling overall is 1000% profiting, its just you people stake and chuck your bank at every opportunity you have and cry about being broke or not being able to afford adamant bars.

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, PROFFESER19 said:

You can make the bars yourself, you don't have to have everything on easy mode buddy. I know it's a private server, but instead of crying look for the solution and make the bars yourself. Skilling overall is 1000% profiting, its just you people stake and chuck your bank at every opportunity you have and cry about being broke or not being able to afford adamant bars.

It's a private server its supposed to be easier than rs not that you would know. I would have stayed on my maxed account on rs if I wanted to grind everything myself. Don't care about profit I could buy all 99s if I there was enough supplies for ONE person.

Link to comment
Just now, Visigoth said:

It's a private server its supposed to be easier than rs not that you would know. I would have stayed on my maxed account on rs if I wanted to grind everything myself. Don't care about profit I could buy all 99s if I there was enough supplies for ONE person.

You can always ask people to Smith you some bars in return for cash... 

If money isn't the problem then what's the issue...?

Make your own bars,play the game as it should be played. Stay safe brother

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, PROFFESER19 said:

You can always ask people to Smith you some bars in return for cash... 

If money isn't the problem then what's the issue...?

Make your own bars,play the game as it should be played. Stay safe brother

Yea let me just spam yell for hours to find someone willing to bro thanks maybe one of the 3 people who actually skill will do it

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Visigoth said:

Yea let me just spam yell for hours to find someone willing to bro thanks maybe one of the 3 people who actually skill will do it

Skilling has been in the game for over 2 years,

Hence why its dead content

I'm pretty sure there are more than 75 people maxed out. 

I dont see your point to be fair you may be a newcomer to the game which is fair enough 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, PROFFESER19 said:

Skilling has been in the game for over 2 years,

Hence why its dead content

I'm pretty sure there are more than 75 people maxed out. 

I dont see your point to be fair you may be a newcomer to the game which is fair enough 

Been playing for a few months and your now saying no one is willing to skill and dead content but you want me to find someone I can pay to do it for me? Whats your point?..

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, PROFFESER19 said:

Skilling has been in the game for over 2 years,

Hence why its dead content

I'm pretty sure there are more than 75 people maxed out. 

I dont see your point to be fair you may be a newcomer to the game which is fair enough 

Why is it dead content, though? Why wouldn't many people want to do it when it's "1000% profitable" as you say? 

The point is that even if you "don't want things on easy street!" there should be a balance on a PK SERVER to give a reward for skilling. 

The reward for maxing out should equate to the time it takes to max out. Why should it not? 

Maxing out shouldn't just be "I'm bored, let's have fun maxing out". Some people are pkers who enjoy skilling as well 

Link to comment
Just now, Parks06 said:

Why is it dead content, though? Why wouldn't many people want to do it when it's "1000% profitable" as you say? 

The point is that even if you "don't want things on easy street!" there should be a balance on a PK SERVER to give a reward for skilling. 

The reward for maxing out should equate to the time it takes to max out. Why should it not? 

Maxing out shouldn't just be "I'm bored, let's have fun maxing out". Some people are pkers who enjoy skilling as well 

Have you forgotten the benefits of maxing out? 

Max cape adds a ton of benefits lols,

Just now, Visigoth said:

Got it. Let me just spam yell for hours like I mentioned before then overpay if im lucky

You said money isn't a problem...? And you only want to max out?

Link to comment
1 minute ago, PROFFESER19 said:

Have you forgotten the benefits of maxing out? 

Max cape adds a ton of benefits lols,

You said money isn't a problem...? And you only want to max out?

You realize time is a problem right? Not everyone has hours to spam on a rsps for years to show for by replying to forum posts angry with zero knowledge.

Link to comment
Just now, PROFFESER19 said:

Have you forgotten the benefits of maxing out? 

Max cape adds a ton of benefits lols,

You said money isn't a problem...? And you only want to max out?

The max cape is the product (and it's dog shit for the time it takes?) of maxing out. How about along the way?

Why am I clicking on 500 stalls for a 100 pkp achievement? That's absolutely outrageous and stupid. 

There is no reward along the way to maxing out as there should be on a PK server. It is a PK server after all. 

Just now, PROFFESER19 said:

Anyways all im saying is people who do skill right now are either going for max cape or going for clue scrolls requirements.

You'll rarely find anyone skilling for pkp because skilling spots in the wildy are active hotspots for pking.

That's the point. Nobody is skilling for PKP because it's dumb and not worth it. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Parks06 said:

The max cape is the product (and it's dog shit for the time it takes?) of maxing out. How about along the way?

Why am I clicking on 500 stalls for a 100 pkp achievement? That's absolutely outrageous and stupid. 

There is no reward along the way to maxing out as there should be on a PK server. It is a PK server after all. 

Logic does not matter here with this guy and gretar he's surely in line for mod.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Parks06 said:

The max cape is the product (and it's dog shit for the time it takes?) of maxing out. How about along the way?

Why am I clicking on 500 stalls for a 100 pkp achievement? That's absolutely outrageous and stupid. 

There is no reward along the way to maxing out as there should be on a PK server. It is a PK server after all. 

Well you definitely aren't a pker then lad.

You don't care about the perks because you won't use them the proper way a pker would.c

It might not be sufficient for you to waste your time and resources but hey, this is runescape this is what we do 

Link to comment
Just now, Visigoth said:

Logic does not matter here with this guy and gretar he's surely in line for mod.

It's the denseness of acting like nothing is wrong

Just now, PROFFESER19 said:

Well you definitely aren't a pker then lad.

You don't care about the perks because you won't use them the proper way a pker would.c

It might not be sufficient for you to waste your time and resources but hey, this is runescape this is what we do 

Yes "lad" because someone who would rather PK is definitely excited about spending 1 month clicking on a stall in lvl 44 wild like you would is definitely enticed about the ability to tele to any portal! As well as whatever other dogshit features the max cape has

Just now, Chef said:

Its just a challenge after all and up to you take take it, I didnt find a problem doing bars although there should be some improvements with crafting and thieving since they are hardest imo. 

But it's not about a "challenge". Why not make the challenge worth it to people who actually PK on a pking server? 

Unless you are ok with standing around clicking on a stall for a month straight for no benefit then it's just flatly stupid

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tesfxye said:

Why don’t you just pk then 

Because some of us aren't brain damaged and actually have the capacity to improve the server

You can "juth pk tho O_O!!"

1 hour ago, 1 slap said:

Lol the achievements are wank

Put 5m in lottery (helps eco)

Get 2.5k achievement reward. Lmao?

Who thought of any of this lol. What a great system like achievements being wasted by not making any sense

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

So basically what you're saying is that certain bosses should drop more skilling supplies (and/or gathering them by skilling should go quicker e.g mining rocks should go quicker, cutting logs should go quicket etc.) and either certain skilling aspects should give more experience or double xp scrolls should be easier to obtain.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

There are a lot of updates that can be made to RoatPkz skilling but your arguments aren't very good.

 

 

 

12 hours ago, PROFFESER19 said:

Anyways all im saying is people who do skill right now are either going for max cape or going for clue scrolls requirements.

You'll rarely find anyone skilling for pkp because skilling spots in the wildy are active hotspots for pking.

A lot of OSRS skilling is the same. Afk chopping trees isn't as good money as things such as bossing. 

Roat skilling can actually make decent money if you do something like chop magics on an alt. 

Edited by Fruitiest
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Parks06 said:

-There's no benefit to maxing out

-You make no money whilst skilling

-In order for it to not be a next level grind you have to spend money on 2x scrolls

So what is the purpose of skilling? I enjoy skilling but I do not enjoy the idea of 150 xp per stall at 32 thieving

1200 per stall at 85 thieving? Or even if it's "10%" 1320, additional however much maybe it gets to 1500?

1500 xp per stall at 85 thieving? That's an unbelievable joke. Literally will take you a month to get to 99 

Can we start to be realistic about skilling?

edit: Gee, thanks! 29 pkp for clicking on a stall 100 times. Very rewarding

thieving.png

-The cape is just a utility cape, just like it is in osrs, people dont max to get the max cape to quote somebody, " runescape is about setting goals and then achieving them " thats the whole point, maxing dosent need to have some form of crazy reward for doing it.

-You make plenty of money whilst skilling, sure its not as much as camping raids all day, but it shouldnt be the best money maker in the game either, considering how chill/afk it is, its very respectable money, and you can easily make like 1-2mill maxing.

-you dont *need* xp scrolls, i know somebody who maxed never using them, you are spending 45k to save an hour of skilling. for me personally i just use it to train my least favorite skill and for nothing else

the only point i agree with is that some of the achievements for skilling can be a bit of a joke.

skilling is what it should be. a chill optional way of spending some time and making a bit of money whilst doing so. and then progressing towards leveling up the skill and making ur way to maxing. i feel like skilling accomplishes its goal relatively well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Knasterd said:

So basically what you're saying is that certain bosses should drop more skilling supplies (and/or gathering them by skilling should go quicker e.g mining rocks should go quicker, cutting logs should go quicket etc.) and either certain skilling aspects should give more experience or double xp scrolls should be easier to obtain.

That could be a start. I'm open to any and all suggestions to just improve it. 

If the staff is willing to start a dialogue I'm sure the players of the server are creative enough to make it all make sense

11 hours ago, Death Dream said:

Skilling is zzz, end of discussion.

I agree, but it can be rewarding. I have 99s on OSRS as a pker because the finality of it is rewarding

6 hours ago, Fruitiest said:

There are a lot of updates that can be made to RoatPkz skilling but your arguments aren't very good.

 

 

 

A lot of OSRS skilling is the same. Afk chopping trees isn't as good money as things such as bossing. 

Roat skilling can actually make decent money if you do something like chop magics on an alt. 

That's a great argument.. "You're argument is bad!" Why don't you expound, genius? 

And OSRS and Roat skilling are not the same at all. The XP rate vs the reward is not worth it

5 hours ago, Fityruneeli said:

-The cape is just a utility cape, just like it is in osrs, people dont max to get the max cape to quote somebody, " runescape is about setting goals and then achieving them " thats the whole point, maxing dosent need to have some form of crazy reward for doing it.

-You make plenty of money whilst skilling, sure its not as much as camping raids all day, but it shouldnt be the best money maker in the game either, considering how chill/afk it is, its very respectable money, and you can easily make like 1-2mill maxing.

-you dont *need* xp scrolls, i know somebody who maxed never using them, you are spending 45k to save an hour of skilling. for me personally i just use it to train my least favorite skill and for nothing else

the only point i agree with is that some of the achievements for skilling can be a bit of a joke.

skilling is what it should be. a chill optional way of spending some time and making a bit of money whilst doing so. and then progressing towards leveling up the skill and making ur way to maxing. i feel like skilling accomplishes its goal relatively well.

I am not going to relitigate my point on the max cape because it's genuinely not worth it but I said why previously

The point of maxing on a PK server with disgusting XP rates should be "crazy". You should make PKers who come onto roatpkz to PK be able to do it as well as the people like yourself who want to stand around and do nothing all day

-There is no real money in skilling. "1m" in 5 months is stupid and not worth it. I'd like for you to argue that

-As I stated above, for the people who are reasonable and aren't hanging around skilling on a PK server with no goals beyond that, XP scrolls are the least you need

1 hour ago, Xorakk said:

@Parks06 

Fruity 1 - Parks 0

"Fruity" definitely proved he has a low IQ. Definitely 1-0 if that was his intention

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Parks06 said:

-There is no real money in skilling. "1m" in 5 months is stupid and not worth it. I'd like for you to argue that

I really want to know where you pull these numbers from, because high level skilling activities can give you 10-15K pkp per hour, that would be about 70 hours of doing this activitiy to get 1mill, even if u only do this for 1 hour a day, it'd take just over 2 months to get 1mill, and thats just 1 hour a day, you could theoretically get 1mill from skilling in just a week if u played like 10 hours a day. its not as good money as rev's, cox, etc. but it shouldnt be either. so if you stop thieving level 30 stands for 2 mins then complaining and actually properly get into skilling, you'll find the money is there.

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Fityruneeli said:

I really want to know where you pull these numbers from, because high level skilling activities can give you 10-15K pkp per hour, that would be about 70 hours of doing this activitiy to get 1mill, even if u only do this for 1 hour a day, it'd take just over 2 months to get 1mill, and thats just 1 hour a day, you could theoretically get 1mill from skilling in just a week if u played like 10 hours a day. its not as good money as rev's, cox, etc. but it shouldnt be either. so if you stop thieving level 30 stands for 2 mins then complaining and actually properly get into skilling, you'll find the money is there.

So you're proposing someone do some "high level skilling activity" (whatever that means) for the next 70 hours they want to skill to get 1m? 

1. What is this mysterious "high level skilling" activity that can actually gain you 15k pkp an hour?

2. How many levels will you gain in the next 70 hours? And what is the progress you will make towards your max cape if you spend the next 70 hours doing this activity?

3. Why is it a secret to know how to make all of this mysterious money from skilling? 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Parks06 said:

So you're proposing someone do some "high level skilling activity" (whatever that means) for the next 70 hours they want to skill to get 1m? 

1. What is this mysterious "high level skilling" activity that can actually gain you 15k pkp an hour?

2. How many levels will you gain in the next 70 hours? And what is the progress you will make towards your max cape if you spend the next 70 hours doing this activity?

3. Why is it a secret to know how to make all of this mysterious money from skilling? 

 

Mining runite ore is this " mysterious activity " and if u mined runite ore for 70 hours you'd probaly get like 70-100 million mining xp, and its not a secret, just use your brain

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Parks06 said:

So you're proposing someone do some "high level skilling activity" (whatever that means) for the next 70 hours they want to skill to get 1m? 

1. What is this mysterious "high level skilling" activity that can actually gain you 15k pkp an hour?

2. How many levels will you gain in the next 70 hours? And what is the progress you will make towards your max cape if you spend the next 70 hours doing this activity?

3. Why is it a secret to know how to make all of this mysterious money from skilling? 

 

1) 15k pkp is the very minimum you could make from high level skilling. The 3 main skills that make the most money would be mining, woodcutting & fishing. ( depending on what level of asking you’d like to do )

2) With 70 hours of playtime any skill would be easily lvl 99 with heaps of xp to spare.


3) it’s no secret people are just lazy.

Link to comment
On 1/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, Parks06 said:

That could be a start. I'm open to any and all suggestions to just improve it. 

If the staff is willing to start a dialogue I'm sure the players of the server are creative enough to make it all make sense

I agree, but it can be rewarding. I have 99s on OSRS as a pker because the finality of it is rewarding

That's a great argument.. "You're argument is bad!" Why don't you expound, genius? 

And OSRS and Roat skilling are not the same at all. The XP rate vs the reward is not worth it

I am not going to relitigate my point on the max cape because it's genuinely not worth it but I said why previously

The point of maxing on a PK server with disgusting XP rates should be "crazy". You should make PKers who come onto roatpkz to PK be able to do it as well as the people like yourself who want to stand around and do nothing all day

-There is no real money in skilling. "1m" in 5 months is stupid and not worth it. I'd like for you to argue that

-As I stated above, for the people who are reasonable and aren't hanging around skilling on a PK server with no goals beyond that, XP scrolls are the least you need

"Fruity" definitely proved he has a low IQ. Definitely 1-0 if that was his intention

And if he has "low.iq" would that mean you completely lack it? There is a clear benefit to maxing. There is a forum post w/what max cape gives. Either way a slight boost is better than nothing at all. That boost would be worth when aiming for 200m in each skill as the amount of skilling points and skilling supplies you can get would be enough to satisfy any gambling addict at fp. Lets not 5get about unlimited slayer teleports and multiple other teleports that the cape gives. Lastly the rewards arent great i know, in the long run as mentioned before it does add up and its better than nothing.

Link to comment
On 1/20/2022 at 8:23 AM, Ex0tic said:

1) 15k pkp is the very minimum you could make from high level skilling. The 3 main skills that make the most money would be mining, woodcutting & fishing. ( depending on what level of asking you’d like to do )

2) With 70 hours of playtime any skill would be easily lvl 99 with heaps of xp to spare.


3) it’s no secret people are just lazy.

Are we talking about 15k from a completely maxed account? Or 15k at a reasonable level? The truth is obvious, 15k from an outrageously high level that it takes a stupid amount of time to get to.

What levels do your mining, wc, and fishing have to be to get to a point where it's worth it at all to do those skills? 

70 hours for 1 99 on a pking rsps is a disaster. That's not a good thing

So if it's not a secret, then expound on how it is a good money maker. 

On 1/23/2022 at 3:47 PM, Xorakk said:

And if he has "low.iq" would that mean you completely lack it? There is a clear benefit to maxing. There is a forum post w/what max cape gives. Either way a slight boost is better than nothing at all. That boost would be worth when aiming for 200m in each skill as the amount of skilling points and skilling supplies you can get would be enough to satisfy any gambling addict at fp. Lets not 5get about unlimited slayer teleports and multiple other teleports that the cape gives. Lastly the rewards arent great i know, in the long run as mentioned before it does add up and its better than nothing.

Max cape is an out-and-out joke. 

These are the the benefits - I will also be putting a summary of why they're not worth it (if they are) for the brain deficient! (bare in mind 99 slayer IS a requirement, so it serves no purpose in training slayer): 

99k PKP (cost)
Let us use the very limited PKP we earn from skilling on the cape itself!

DD Cave Teleports
I like this a lot. A proper PK server benefit

100% run energy
Absolutely stupid. 5 times a day when I've spent the last 18 months getting this cape? Should be every 2-2.5minutes. 2.5 to tank a TB. Add a benefit towards pking

Free resource area
Good

25% slower run energy
Good

Obelisk teleport
Good

Skilling bonuses
How on earth is this possibly a bonus for getting maxed?

 

How is any of this worth it? I'd love an explanation on which of this is worth multiple months of sitting and clicking and not making any money?

Why should you do things on a PK server for multiple months and not making anything out of it? Isn't that the point of Runescape? Any time you do something boring and click intensive you should receive a benefit? 
 

 

Link to comment

99k isnt a lot. Plus you can make a lot more than just 99k from maxing. (Resources + achievements)

The run thing isnt bad as you only use run in wildy. However I agree if the limit was higher it would be nice.

image.png.0f7a13d21b8b07153fd6da2bcac525f0.png

Now the picture above is why you want to get that cape. Once you hit 1089 total and have this and continue to skill it adds up. Especially if you keep everything. Now if got ex 1b total exp with that cape think of the amount of resources you'd have - and how much that would translate to in value. This is actually why I am pushing for max as well as i find it very worth it to have the cape. 

Edited by Xorakk
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...