New Forum Admin

Mike:

Man is always active every day on forums during various times throughout the day, he shows dedication towards helping and working with the forums with each visit. I first saw Mike in 2013, so I know he know's his way around the contents of ArabPkz, and how the community works. Veteran player like himself contains valuable information in which he can share among others to help them grow. 

Let's be honest, we really do not have someone who has rank on just forums and nothing in-game, and SS on forums is well "Fucking useless" let's be real ye? We have not had Forums Admin who maintains forums daily, and lately from what I have seen Mike does fit the roles of a staff member for the Forums.

I truly believe he deserves a chance at Forums Admin, thus resulting in having someone that can be depended on to work on the Forums respectively.

PS. !Loc ::poke/Ancient Mace@Gretar

• Upvote 2

To which "Mike" are you referring? There seems to be so many of them, although I like most if not all of them.

I think we do need somebody, the forums are mostly clean (in terms of post content) but isn't there a need for ranks such as veteran to be handed out? And I don't think extreme has been added yet. 

Should be someone competent with the back-end stuff (admin control panel) and not fuck shit up, and a person with a degree of trust because nobody wants IPs leaked which does happen on some other servers.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

To which "Mike" are you referring? There seems to be so many of them, although I like most if not all of them.

I think we do need somebody, the forums are mostly clean (in terms of post content) but isn't there a need for ranks such as veteran to be handed out? And I don't think extreme has been added yet. 

Should be someone competent with the back-end stuff (admin control panel) and not fuck shit up, and a person with a degree of trust because nobody wants IPs leaked which does happen on some other servers.

Mike > Mike ingame

KK, Sandal is here

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your support bro appreciate it, we're definitely in need of an extra Staff member on the forums apart from the other 3. I personally want @Tupac to be the new forum administrator but I wouldn't say no if I would get promoted either.

5 hours ago, Ahmad RSPS said:

I always see him afk, I dont know wtf you talking about.

? I've been active on the forums for the past 5 years lol. 

5 hours ago, suqmyazz said:

I don't think you should be speaking for him. What if he doesn't even want it?

I do not gonna lie. 😛

I don't think the problem with promoting someone to Forum Administrator is only who to trust the rank with, but also if they actually have the experience to do back-end work. Once you have acces to the ACP, you gain entrance to much more personal and sensitive information than one thinks (IPs, Emails, Passwords, 2Step Verification Info which can include IRL information, Databases, and lots more) which is probably, most likely why Gretar has not promoted anyone to Forum Administrator.
Just imagine Gretar promoting someone, just to end up with the person leaking and selling personal information.

If you're going for Forum Admin, you'll be developing and updating the Forum, which means you'll need to have knowledge in the HTML and CSS language. This is what John had lots of, since he actually works as a Web-developer as his IRL job. He was also close friends with Gretar which is probably also one of the main reasons he was given the Forum Administrator rank. There's not really any reason to go for Forum Admin rank if you have no experience with the above. Well, other than wanting to watch over the Forums itself (Back-end not included) and moderate it, then you might as well go for the Forum Moderator rank. 

Gretar should just implement a plugin or create his own, that allows Forum Moderators/Staff to change a User's membergroup just by going to their profile on the Forum, instead of having to use ACP. This way Forum Moderators and Staff don't gain any access to the personal information.

If you're wondering, I am speaking from experience. I used to work as a Forum Developer for a few servers before I rejoined Roat Pkz and it's much more than just manually handing out ranks, moving/hiding/deleting topics and taking care of topic reports. 

I'm not saying that I don't want either Tupac or Mike to help out with the Forums. Sure, I would not mind having them on the team as I think they could be great assets, but then again there's not really any need for that. It's not like we get loads of Veteran, YouTuber or any other rank requests daily. Same with the amount of topics that are made throughout the day. The Forum isn't really that active as you probably know. It's usually always the same active people creating or replying to new topics. A big part of the community are Arabs, and sadly a lot of them do not know how to use the Forums which is unlucky, cause the Forum would be so much more active if they used it.

Might be a bit too much to read, but I thought I'd give my opinion and view on this.

Edited by Fantastic
  • Nice 3

I am glad everyone except jblind the nerd thinks I should get my rank back but the fact of the matter is that I've gotten into trouble for releasing personal information in the past which disqualifies me! :kappa:

Give mike forum mod u blacks

Edited by Tupac
  • Hmmm 1
  • Nice 1

Agreed, if not admin, then get another forum Mod at least. He spends more time on forums than in-game.

PS. "Me Smackd and or Fant should have the access as Gretar trusts us the most and we're already on the Staff Team." Jblind 2018, bruh Smackd kissed G's ass to get where he is, and you kiss the dirt Smackd walks on Jblind, only thing I can trust you guys with doing is logging in and hosting ur daily HPEvents, buy/sell shit, logout after, you spend no time in help cc, either of you, the two of you rarely try to help others via yell or public chat up close.

Edited by Yoobs da king
succ it
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Yoobs da king said:

Agreed, if not admin, then get another forum Mod at least. He spends more time on forums than in-game.

PS. "Me Smackd and or Fant should have the access as Gretar trusts us the most and we're already on the Staff Team." Jblind 2018, bruh Smackd kissed G's ass to get where he is, and you kiss the dirt Smackd walks on Jblind, only thing I can trust you guys with doing is logging in and hosting ur daily HPEvents, buy/sell shit, logout after, you spend no time in help cc, either of you, the two of you rarely try to help others via yell or public chat up close.

@Tesfxye @sophia jblind is gonna be pissed when he reads this lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Yoobs da king said:

If he makes helping players improve their kdr and Elo they’ll do it all the time 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Yoobs da king said:

Oh sorry I forgot you can see our PM's, Admin CP along with all of the bans/mutes that we do. People asking us to tele them to Staff zone where oh yeah only Staff can get to so you wouldn't see it 😛. Oh and when a player asks for us to tele to them and we're invisible and punish accordingly. I forgot you could see all of that I do apologize 😛 XD 😛  

1 hour ago, JBLIND said:

Oh sorry I forgot you can see our PM's, Admin CP along with all of the bans/mutes that we do. People asking us to tele them to Staff zone where oh yeah only Staff can get to so you wouldn't see it 😛. Oh and when a player asks for us to tele to them and we're invisible and punish accordingly. I forgot you could see all of that I do apologize 😛 XD 😛  

Mad 

On 8/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, Fantastic said:

I don't think the problem with promoting someone to Forum Administrator is only who to trust the rank with, but also if they actually have the experience to do back-end work. Once you have acces to the ACP, you gain entrance to much more personal and sensitive information than one thinks (IPs, Emails, Passwords, 2Step Verification Info which can include IRL information, Databases, and lots more) which is probably, most likely why Gretar has not promoted anyone to Forum Administrator.
Just imagine Gretar promoting someone, just to end up with the person leaking and selling personal information.

If you're going for Forum Admin, you'll be developing and updating the Forum, which means you'll need to have knowledge in the HTML and CSS language. This is what John had lots of, since he actually works as a Web-developer as his IRL job. He was also close friends with Gretar which is probably also one of the main reasons he was given the Forum Administrator rank. There's not really any reason to go for Forum Admin rank if you have no experience with the above. Well, other than wanting to watch over the Forums itself (Back-end not included) and moderate it, then you might as well go for the Forum Moderator rank. 

Gretar should just implement a plugin or create his own, that allows Forum Moderators/Staff to change a User's membergroup just by going to their profile on the Forum, instead of having to use ACP. This way Forum Moderators and Staff don't gain any access to the personal information.

If you're wondering, I am speaking from experience. I used to work as a Forum Developer for a few servers before I rejoined Roat Pkz and it's much more than just manually handing out ranks, moving/hiding/deleting topics and taking care of topic reports. 

I'm not saying that I don't want either Tupac or Mike to help out with the Forums. Sure, I would not mind having them on the team as I think they could be great assets, but then again there's not really any need for that. It's not like we get loads of Veteran, YouTuber or any other rank requests daily. Same with the amount of topics that are made throughout the day. The Forum isn't really that active as you probably know. It's usually always the same active people creating or replying to new topics. A big part of the community are Arabs, and sadly a lot of them do not know how to use the Forums which is unlucky, cause the Forum would be so much more active if they used it.

Might be a bit too much to read, but I thought I'd give my opinion and view on this.

Finally some1 with braincells