Implementing Nightmare Rewards

LMS = NO It's dead for a reason because not everyone is a fucking tryhard triple eat when already sitting on 113 HP dip shit. Some people like to play game for fun not to burn through deodorant..

Staff + orbs should be in BHP shop because it will mainly going to be used for pking + we don't have fucking raids so why would someone want the orb to hit faster for any reason? 

Mace + Armor = PKT SHOP ---- Well no dip shit gana pk in mace + full armor so make it like 10k pkt each in GE it's not really all that better than Bandos and only randoms using that in wild are the clannie downies who keep 37 people on their nutt sack at all times.

The armor 10k each in pkt shop mace like 15k pkt tbh, would be a neat change to risk fighting.

• Haha 1

+1 I support this its a great idea, but before Gretar even considers on attempting to add anything in-game or do any type of updates. I feel like the lag should be the first priority, game lags all the time people always complain about it. tbh I dont think roatpkz needs any new ss or any new update UNTILL they can figure out the issue with the lag.

Edited by Ungrateful
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Ungrateful said:

+1 I support this its a great idea, but before Gretar even considers on attempting to add anything in-game or do any type of updates. I feel like the lag should be the first priority, game lags all the time people always complain about it. tbh I dont think roatpkz needs any new ss or any new update UNTILL they can figure out the issue with the lag.

Generals+ in Mong cc can lag the server to get kills it's a feature and we gata deal with it unfortunately kinda like them paying staff to host hpevents in tabbing wild level non-stop so they can gear in op shit and out DPS the other players not in the CC, and tab when they get attacked/jailed and unjailed when they get tbed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smackd said:

rP4UYYv.png Eldritch orb: 125 LMS Points (50K)

GzTxjnF.png Harmonised orb: 175 LMS Points (70K)

gT5cUyE.png Volatile orb: 250 LMS Points (100K)

WawZVUQ.pngNightmare staff:

wRyLmXB.png Inquisitor great helm * 1.5K BHP

jJq8x7P.png Inquisitor's hauberk * 3K BHP

gJBikkB.png    Inquisitor's plateskirt * 3K BHP

KqGA9yg.png Inquisitor's mace: 15K BHP

(As I have stated before, Justiciar should also have its price reduced to the same as these inquisitors prices, it has almost no use on Roat it's a PVM set and is not that good in PVP at all, overpriced and useless). @Gretar

i agree on the orbs coming from LMS and costing those amount of points as it will make them rarer and LMS more active, the staff on its own will cost around 3.5-4K PKP with current bhp prices so thats fine being 1.5K BHP

i agree on the mace being in BH shop at 15K BHP but the armour is too overpriced for the shit defence bonus its got, it should cost the same amount of points as an elder robes set (7.5K BHP) which at current prices is around 17K PKP per set

inquisitor armour wont be used much if at all since berserker helm, torso and rune legs give a lot more defence and similar str bonus for free meaning u can skull and protect a good spec wep whilst risking nothing

justiciar armour is basically a cosmetic version of torags since it has the same bonus so i think it should be made same price as inquisitor armour (7.5K BHP), it wont be used much but will make a bit of a BHP sink

• Upvote 3

Inquisitor armor would absolutely break PKing if it was too cheap. What if the granite maul was as accurate as an ags? +154 crush bounis for granite maul inquisitor set + brimstone ring vs 173 for ags in max set (bandos/facegaurd ect.) +brimstone ring

Nightmare staff is nearly best in slot for pures without 75 attack (tied with kodai for max hit) and it would change the way pures nh pk if the staff only costed 2.5k since its only other competitor costs nearly 10X that ammount

New items are cool and all but not cool enough to destroy the feel of the wild. 

It's possible overall players would prefer the feel of PKing with the new items included. However, I don't believe its smart to implement them in a way that would cause massive damage to the economy if the items were removed due to them causing more harm then good if the majority of players decide PKing was better without them.

I propose a 1 week - 2 month trial period where we make all the new items fairly cheap for pkp and let all players use them at their own discretion.

1 hour ago, Sako said:

23 minutes ago, Sako said:

Inquisitor armor would absolutely break PKing if it was too cheap. What if the granite maul was as accurate as an ags? +154 crush bounis for granite maul inquisitor set + brimstone ring vs 173 for ags in max set (bandos/facegaurd ect.) +brimstone ring

Nightmare staff is nearly best in slot for pures without 75 attack (tied with kodai for max hit) and it would change the way pures nh pk if the staff only costed 2.5k since its only other competitor costs nearly 10X that ammount

for the price it costs the armour isnt worth using so u wont see any1 skull with it,  also it mite have good str and crush bonus but defence is similar to addy so zerkers and void rangers wud non stop hit u

not sure wat u mean about the gmaul cos the +32 crush wud hardly make a difference and its only 79 str bonus with no extra accuracy on spec which is why most times it hits 0s vs rune armour

pure nhers on roat have 75 attack and most of them use sol/sotd which are same bonus as nightmare staff so it wouldnt change anything

23 minutes ago, AbraKuhDabra said:

Honestly I like the ideas but you've got too many people in lms dding whole fights, and it really just gets boring af to play. I think adding the boss for a ffa drop would be fun similar to corp, maybe work on a new minigame completely or rework lms somehow. 

at 1 time on roat dding/hugging never worked but players asked for it to be added

if enough players wanted we could remove dding inside LMS only and keep it everywhere else

Edited by Ahmash
5 hours ago, 1 slap said:

I Lowkey want a wilderness boss @Smackd good effort on your post though. If I had to choose one it'd be the PKP store. Nothing new been added in there for a while, and it is a good pkp dump.

I feel like bosses like skotizo and Jad are bland now.

3 hours ago, Ahmash said:

i agree on the mace being in BH shop at 15K BHP but the armour is too overpriced for the shit defence bonus its got, it should cost the same amount of points as an elder robes set (7.5K BHP) which at current prices is around 17K PKP per set

This armor would be vesta tier for 40 defence pures, hence the price. But good points still.

2 hours ago, Sako said:

Regular nightmare staff uncharged with no orb is all around much worse than a SOTD, SOL, has no spec bar, no offensive bonuses to bash with and has the same magic bonus increase.

2 hours ago, Sako said:

This armor is really not that good, you'd be better off being in bandos and d clawing people out and a bandos set is 2k.

• Upvote 1

BH store items are merched to hell, so keeping the orbs out of there is good. Putting them in the LMS store could revitalize the minigame, but if it dies again despite the orbs addition, they really ought be added elsewhere also. Also, those prices seem a bit overboard.

I'd prefer the Nightmare staff in the pkp store; just to make it less of a hassle to buy. Ignoring that you can't bash to any effect, it really isn't much worse than sotd/variants so, given you can add the orbs, it shouldn't be less than 2.5k. More than 2.5k, though, and very few people will bother using it w/o an orb since it's just fashion honestly.

Inquisitor's mace being 15k in the BH store, following the rapier/saeldor, is good.

Inquisitor's armour is over-priced, in my opinion, it's not that good. I can't see any mains using it since Bandos is 2k and no average zerk player on roat is going to skull up in that risk. It needs to be reduced in price or it's just dead content for people to look at in their bank.

+1 to Justiciar being severely reduced in price, it's already got fairly limited uses on OSRS let alone roat.

• Upvote 2

I am not against bringing the items into the server! I just want them to be implemented in a way that will make as many people happy as possible in the long run.

16 hours ago, Smackd said:

Regular nightmare staff uncharged with no orb is all around much worse than a SOTD, SOL, has no spec bar, no offensive bonuses to bash with and has the same magic bonus increase.

What you mean by "all around much worse then a SOTD? you mean the +1 extra magic accuracy bonus? or the +3 defensive stats? I genuinely believe you are severely underrating this item. Either that or you're judging a mage weapon on how good it can melee, which I feel is a non-factor when comparing mage weapons in the same class. The only staff that I would personally compare to the nightmare staff is the Kodai wand due to their non-restrictive attack requirements.

16 hours ago, Smackd said:

This armor is really not that good, you'd be better off being in bandos and d clawing people out and a bandos set is 2k.

Don't forgot: bandos is 65 defence, inquisitors is 30. 

Furthermore you can eat out of claw specs you cannot eat out of g-maul, that's even assuming you see the maul spec coming. If in your opinion the armor is really not that good why should it cost more then bandos if you're better off using bandos in the first place? You know the armor is better then bandos because you have it priced more then bandos, don't pretend to be ignorant of the facts because I refuse to believe you're actually stupid.

18 hours ago, Ahmash said:

not sure wat u mean about the gmaul cos the +32 crush wud hardly make a difference

Do you honestly think that a 31% increase would hardly make a difference? Just to put it into perspective imagine buying a house and half way through your payments you all of a sudden a third of the original cost (33%) gets added onto your debt. That's how many less 0's you'll be hitting (not to mention the fact that true increase is more then 31% because prayer effects get factored in after)

A 30% increase is still 30% no matter which way you wanna slice it.

19 hours ago, Ahmash said:

pure nhers on roat have 75 attack and most of them use sol/sotd which are same bonus as nightmare staff so it wouldnt change anything

Pures on roat have 88 combat. However when you look in the pure side of the ditch you see maybe 1 in 10 people that are actually 88 combat. (not including the 93 combat zerkers that pk vs pures.) This is because as things in your environment change we change with them. Since nightmare staff is literally just as good, at the same price with 15 less attack levels why would i force myself  to waste combat levels on 75 attack when i can just go 50 attack and 42 defense at 89 combat and pk the pures? or even something like 60 attack and 20 defense at 87 combat? 

The only item really forcing a NH pure to have 75 attack is the staff (or any gs but you rarely see gs nh) without that restriction you will see the NH meta change and change drastically. (maybe for the better, maybe not. who knows till it happens?(this is one of the reasons I was proposing a trial period.)) 

3 hours ago, Tesfxye said:

Get rid of LMS store combine it with the mini game store and make it all the same currency so minigame points have some worth again 

This.

Continously making the LMS store better will only have effect on short term.

LMS if fun now and then but will never be a populair minigame that everyone wants to play. 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Sako said:

Pures on roat have 88 combat. However when you look in the pure side of the ditch you see maybe 1 in 10 people that are actually 88 combat. (not including the 93 combat zerkers that pk vs pures.) This is because as things in your environment change we change with them. Since nightmare staff is literally just as good, at the same price with 15 less attack levels why would i force myself  to waste combat levels on 75 attack when i can just go 50 attack and 42 defense at 89 combat and pk the pures? or even something like 60 attack and 20 defense at 87 combat? 

The only item really forcing a NH pure to have 75 attack is the staff (or any gs but you rarely see gs nh) without that restriction you will see the NH meta change and change drastically. (maybe for the better, maybe not. who knows till it happens?(this is one of the reasons I was proposing a trial period.)) 

well a pure is anyone with low cb lvl so like 1def, zerks, voiders but i meant pure nhers who are all lvl 1 def so they increase their attack to 75 to reach lvl 88 cb, if u have 30-45 defence and use armour then most of the time 1def pures wont fite u

the only type of pures who use mage are 1def pure nhers tho and they all have 75 attack so idk wat ur point is

4 hours ago, Tesfxye said:

Get rid of LMS store combine it with the mini game store and make it all the same currency so minigame points have some worth again 

actually a really good idea it wud sink a lot of those minigame points and to keep LMS active we can increase the points per game making it worth playing over cwars, also this wud make cwars a bit more active too

it was a bad idea in the 1st place to introduce LMS points into the game since we already had minigame points and i was expecting @Gretar to make use of them, thats the reason why we originally had minigame points instead of cwars points so all future minigames wud share them

56 minutes ago, Ahmash said:

the only type of pures who use mage are 1def pure nhers tho and they all have 75 attack so idk wat ur point is

2 hours ago, Sako said:

This is because as things in your environment change we change with them.

the only type of pure at the moment. As soon as you bring in new items metas' change that's the point I am making. A 20 def pure can wear mystic and studded, pures in my experience don't care about 20 defence even if you're wearing initiate. That is more then enough of a reason to ditch 15 attack levels and stay 60 attack 20 defence (which still leaves you at 87 combat lower level then the pures)

All of this becomes possible with the nightmare staff and kodai wands alone.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, nor am i saying it is a good thing all I am saying is that it is inevitable

since stating my intentions without clearly labeling them "my point" seems to confuse some who would prefer not to actually read,

My point:

2.5k for nightmare staff is far too cheap.

Edit: I felt like this should have been included

"well a pure is anyone with low cb lvl so like 1def, zerks, voiders" also this is completely wrong, where does the phrase pure come from? combat level is irrelevant when it comes to "pures" it just so happens that you'll generally be a low combat if you're purely one stat.

Edited by Sako
address a misconception.
2 hours ago, Sako said:

the only type of pure at the moment. As soon as you bring in new items metas' change that's the point I am making. A 20 def pure can wear mystic and studded, pures in my experience don't care about 20 defence even if you're wearing initiate. That is more then enough of a reason to ditch 15 attack levels and stay 60 attack 20 defence (which still leaves you at 87 combat lower level then the pures)

All of this becomes possible with the nightmare staff and kodai wands alone.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, nor am i saying it is a good thing all I am saying is that it is inevitable

since stating my intentions without clearly labeling them "my point" seems to confuse some who would prefer not to actually read,

My point:

2.5k for nightmare staff is far too cheap.

ok but id rather have a nh setup with these stats using a sol, elder maul, gmaul

or even sol, bgs, ballista, maul

038677151cb8717b6d03c18433526606.png

On 2/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, Smackd said:

ZwJPW0Z.png

The new Nightmare of Ashihama rewards have been out on OSRS for a couple weeks now, so here are some ideas on how we can implement them.

1. LMS

LMS is somewhat dead, won't ever have a game running unless a staff members yells or broadcasts it, to revive the minigame and fix the bland empty shop, we can add the 3 new orbs that you attach to the nightmare staff.

LMS Nightmare wards: 

I am going to suggest the prices based off the Neitiznot Faceguard price (20.4K).
Meaning 1 Point = 400 PKP.

rP4UYYv.png Eldritch orb: 125 LMS Points (50K): the worst of the new staves, it has more use for PVM than pvp, still a good staff, it has a special attack that can hit up to 60 (67 on a slayer task) in maximum magic gear + imbued heart, and restores prayer, it can autocast ancients.

GzTxjnF.png Harmonised orb: 175 LMS Points (70K): When casting offensive spells from the standard spellbook, the harmonised nightmare staff's attack speed is increased to 4 ticks instead of 5, and has no initial delay when autocasting. This staff cannot autocast ancients and has no special attack. It is great when paired with the tome of fire and fire surge.

gT5cUyE.png Volatile orb: 250 LMS Points (100K): the clear best staff out of the 3, the volatile nightmare staff has a special attack, Immolate, that consumes 55% of the player's special attack energy to hit the target with 50% increased accuracy and dealing a high amount of damage. The base damage for the special attack is scaled based on the player's Magic level, ranging from 50 at level 75 to 66 at level 99, which can be increased with magic damage boosting items. At level 99, the maximum possible hit is 80, or 89 while on a slayer assignment.

WawZVUQ.pngNightmare staff: alone is a decent staff, but just like basic staff of the dead/staff of lights and has no special attack, so the staff alone should be cheap when it has no orb attached and has less magic accuracy, less defensive and offensive stats it should be around 2.5K in the PKP Shop, or 1.5K in the Bounty Hunter shop.

2. Mage Arena Shop

JpvDZ2d.png

You can have the orbs in here too for an extremely ridiculous price as there is no skill towards killing mage arena NPCs, you can have them priced from 5000-7500 Mage Arena kills, would promote wilderness activity and have another way of bringing the orbs in the game.

3. PKP Shop

gSgHiky.png

We could just put the orbs in the PKP Shop for actual PKP, would sink PKP over time as they would be the most expensive items in the shop, this is better than Bounty Hunter because of the merchers of BH points making the staves far too expensive than they're actually worth.

Eldritch: 50K PKP
Harmonised: 70K PKP
Volatile: 100K PKP

• Inquisitor Armor and mace.

2b5XDRb.png

Bounty Hunter Shop since it is the offensive version of Justiciar. (30 defence requirement)

wRyLmXB.png Inquisitor great helm 5K BHP: best in slot helmet for zerkers, terrible defence but +4 strength bonus, has negative attack bonuses but positive crush bonuses.

jJq8x7P.png Inquisitor's hauberk 10K BHP: best in slot for zerkers, terrible defence since the armor only requires level 30 defence, +4 strength like bandos but high in crush bonuses.

gJBikkB.png    Inquisitor's plateskirt 10K BHP: best in slot for zerkers, terrible defence like the rest and again is a crush bonus variant of bandos, but with not even half the defence of bandos.

KqGA9yg.png Inquisitor's mace: 15K BHP:, just like the Ghrazi rapier (stab), Blade of Saeldor (slash), this is the same tier weapon but a crush variant, should be the same price as the other two.

(As I have stated before, Justiciar should also have its price reduced to the same as these inquisitors prices, it has almost no use on Roat it's a PVM set and is not that good in PVP at all, overpriced and useless). @Gretar

Let me know if you disagree with anything, and share your own ideas if you have anything better.

My 2 cents @Gretar,

Adding the Staff/orbs to the LMS shop would not be good due to the fact it would limit the people who can earn them to only high tier pkers and eventually i'm sure someone would figure out how to script it as well. 

If you were to add to the mage arena shop it would only increase the number of afkers/bots sitting there farming points with an already limited amount of NPCs normal players couldn't even think about trying. 

The PKP shop is a decent idea simply due to the amount of PKP it will sink over time, however, maybe adding a new boss of some sorts with high drop rates weather it's in the wilderness or in safe zone would be cool too. It would be really cool if we could do a custom setup of raids with multiple high tier bosses that require a team of people to even make it through to rewards. 

As for the Inquisitor armor, I think putting this in the PKP shop for somewhere between 1-5k PKP for a piece would be fine. It'll keep it from becoming a mass merchant item set that people can afford. 

The mace Would be fine to add into the Bounty hunter shop.

@Smackd I do disagree with lowering Justiciar prices simply because it's almost as good as Statius set except it doesn't degrade so it would allow more people to camp it for NSing. 

Edited by Sly

statius warhammer, vesta spear, zuriels staff all should have been released with the rest of the PvP items from revs 2 years ago, we have them in LMS already why not add them to revs at the same drop rate?

VLS will still be the best wep because it only uses 25% spec but its fun to have more variety and since SWH has +123 crush bonus you can get to 200+ with the inquisitor set, also it shares the DWH spec so it will be useful at corp too

how about we do this:                            1. Add the nightmare staff and orbs to the mage arena shop as mb pking is pretty much dead besides if a chest or wildy key or skotizo is around.                                                      2. Add the inquistor armour to the LMS shop.                                                  3. Add the inquistor mace to the pkp shop.                                                    that way all three of those things get a update and refresh feeling.                        also what about the new mage book?

Edited by Shadovv

Orbs - Vote shop -> new items so people will vote and support the server. Roatpkz may even reach 600+ with the new vote incentives.

Nightmare staff - PKP shop -> cash sink.

Other shit - LMS (dead content)  -> not rly many people play it anymore, so if you add staff and orb to this shop people will just manipulate the prices and only few people can enjoy pking with the new items.

ENJOY!!!

@Smackd

I think there should be more than one way to acquire the orbs, leaving it to LMS will barely revive the game for a few weeks tops, I think it's important we consider the longevity of the game and implement the orbs as a drop. Right now, wilderness bosses are dogshit, and I think we can fix that by giving 3/4 bosses (All Except Venenatis) an orb. As for the staff, it should be added for 10-25K to the PKP shop, it's very weird if the staff is too cheap especially considering how useful it is.