"Staff promotion March 17th"

Well, I personally find this promotion to be complete aids.

From what people I talk to have said, this guy basically binded Gretar and this server for months on end in 2012. I don't see how this guy can go from being at that place, where he's ddosing the server, to becoming staff. He doesn't even play, has 26 posts on the forums, and God only knows his total online time ever lol

What impact has this guy even made to be awarded staff? What credentials does he have to be staff? Why is this a smart move in any way? I'd love to know these answers

Some people can say I'm "taking this too seriously" but the staff always tell me every move Gretar makes is with a business sense, how is this a logical decision to give a guy who's proven he can not have the best intentions staff? What business intellect is being used?

I understand people who have flamed or just have not, in general, been on the best terms with everyone being staff, but how on earth does a guy who attempted to put the server in jeopardy get staff? 

I think for the next promotion we should utilize this new polling system and put a few people up and let the community decide. I understand it's Gretars server but this a very poor personal preference decision imo

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

Well, I personally find this promotion to be complete aids.

From what people I talk to have said, this guy basically binded Gretar and this server for months on end in 2012. I don't see how this guy can go from being at that place, where he's ddosing the server, to becoming staff. He doesn't even play, has 26 posts on the forums, and God only knows his total online time ever lol

What impact has this guy even made to be awarded staff? What credentials does he have to be staff? Why is this a smart move in any way? I'd love to know these answers

Some people can say I'm "taking this too seriously" but the staff always tell me every move Gretar makes is with a business sense, how is this a logical decision to give a guy who's proven he can not have the best intentions staff? What business intellect is being used?

I understand people who have flamed or just have not, in general, been on the best terms with everyone being staff, but how on earth does a guy who attempted to put the server in jeopardy get staff? 

I think for the next promotion we should utilize this new polling system and put a few people up and let the community decide. I understand it's Gretars server but this a very poor personal preference decision imo

i agree, i played when this guy was staff, and the server was ddosed so bad, i couldn't pk anymore, what a dumb move haha

3 minutes ago, Graphics said:

still waiting on my promotion??

yep idk really. apparently giving this guy equal to ur rank despite u being the only 1 who does events was a priority for gretar

you might be using sarcasm but u def deserved a promotion. might as well give smackd and binu u dead mod too, both have been doing decent

this John guy isn't deserving of anything

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

yep idk really. apparently giving this guy equal to ur rank despite u being the only 1 who does events was a priority for gretar

you might be using sarcasm but u def deserved a promotion. might as well give smackd and binu u dead mod too, both have been doing decent

Maybe in 2017

3 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

im 50/50 serious. already proven to be most active staff memeber, cant say most helpful though yoobs and stijn do alot of work tbh.

6 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

Told the staff u 2 and taylor would be a better choice than this clownetto 

Last time this guy was even playing roat he was ddosing it lol :smiley: amazing choice 

you gotta think about it though this isnt going to affect ingame at all,and or is a big deal. john is just a forum mod all he will be doing is clearing up the forums of pointless shit and all the spam and flame and ect that most of us ingame staff really dont take time to look at and go through.

1 minute ago, Reign Of Taylor said:

im above the staff on this server

when they have a problem they come 2 me

ye pls take care of craig he rag me 2 much ty

• Upvote 1
Just now, Graphics said:

you gotta think about it though this isnt going to affect ingame at all,and or is a big deal. john is just a forum mod all he will be doing is clearing up the forums of pointless shit and all the spam and flame and ect that most of us ingame staff really dont take time to look at and go through.

ye pls take care of craig he rag me 2 much ty

still should of been given to someone who deserves it, idek who this john guy is so he cant of done much to be worthy of forum mod

• Upvote 1

hello everyone! I can see why many of you are mad, not much has been heard about john nor has he played much since his mate hacked the roat db back in 2011-2012/he ddosed roat a lot. However me and john have been good mates since then and he was actually forum mod back in 2013/14. He was also the one who introduced me to yoobs and suggested him as a moderator on roat pkz. Although john has not reached 100 post count I think he will be a good forum moderator since he has experience in moderating forums and more importantly does not know a lot of players therefore doesn't have any bias towards anyone.

I also don't think that polling staff positions is a good idea, maybe community manager or something similar but for a staff position people would most likely just vote for people who are their friends or very friendly, which isn't really a good place to be in when you have to punish each other.

I'd also like to point out that we have no interest in having John in an in-game position and neither does he. I do think he'll be a good forum mod though, give it some time and we'll see how it goes.

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Gretar said:

hello everyone! I can see why many of you are mad, not much has been heard about john nor has he played much since his mate hacked the roat db back in 2011-2012/he ddosed roat a lot. However me and john have been good mates since then and he was actually forum mod back in 2013/14. He was also the one who introduced me to yoobs and suggested him as a moderator on roat pkz. Although john has not reached 100 post count I think he will be a good forum moderator since he has experience in moderating forums and more importantly does not know a lot of players therefore doesn't have any bias towards anyone.

I also don't think that polling staff positions is a good idea, maybe community manager or something similar but for a staff position people would most likely just vote for people who are their friends or very friendly, which isn't really a good place to be in when you have to punish each other.

I'd also like to point out that we have no interest in having John in an in-game position and neither does he. I do think he'll be a good forum mod though, give it some time and we'll see how it goes.

the point this thread isn't to say that john will be a bad forum mod, it is that there are other people who deserve the rank and other people who would deserve a promotion more than him, graphics for example.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

the point this thread isn't to say that john will be a bad forum mod, it is that there are other people who deserve the rank and other people who would deserve a promotion more than him, graphics for example.

Oh, the thing is on forum normal staff have similar powers to forum mods and graphics is doing very well in-game as well, doesn't hurt to have another person on here.

3 minutes ago, Gretar said:

Oh, the thing is on forum normal staff have similar powers to forum mods and graphics is doing very well in-game as well, doesn't hurt to have another person on here.

hes not saying that u should promote me on forums, hes saying you should promote someone in general over him

• Upvote 3

Hi, I understand why a lot of you guys are upset because I got low post count and my past. But this is 4 years later and I've grown up quite a bit, I also hardly post unless it involves me or I feel I can post something productive but I do lurk and report posts pretty often. I send Gretar posts on forums to remove because some staff may of missed it or ignored it as we know people can be biased with there friends. I really do hope to clean up the forums with spam and flame and all the bullying that goes on here. And like Gretar said I'm pretty experienced with moderating forums so he doesn't really have to take a chance with me he already knows I can do the job correctly. Cheers.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Sinister said:

We like the forum the way it is though, they're fun, i don't want strict rules stamping down on anything and i don't think others do either, Roatpkz isn't a serious server and the forum is home to its banter, flame, and arguments without them it would be dead.

You honestly probably wont even notice I'm talking more serious flame and bullying. I will also be removing all quote only posts without warning as they're considered spam.

Edited by John
  • Upvote 1

Hope you really have grown up like you say. Not nice to give someone who is known to have done DDOS attacks, access to everyones IPs.

Post count is irrelevant so not sure why people are moaning about that, I can see you joined the forum since it began and you said you're lurking so that's cool, good to know you'll be cleaning up the forums. I support that. And about time flaming/bullying was put under control. Good luck to you

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

Hope you really have grown up like you say. Not nice to give someone who is known to have done DDOS attacks, access to everyones IPs.

Post count is irrelevant so not sure why people are moaning about that, I can see you joined the forum since it began and you said you're lurking so that's cool, good to know you'll be cleaning up the forums. I support that. And about time flaming/bullying was put under control. Good luck to you

Forum moderators don't have access to IP address', so don't worry and thank you.

36 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

Forums moderator dont have access to ips or emails or any sort of private information. The group was created without those permissions from the start :P

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
56 minutes ago, Elizathepat (2) said:

U literally have 1 hour of forums time this month and 59 minutes of them haven’t accounted to anything you’re useless idk why u think having forums admin rank makes u better than others and able to ddos them 

Point me to where I said I was better than anyone else here please.